Tuesday 10 June 2014

CROSSROADS

Image via Pinterest

I suppose I have arrived at a crossroads, an integral point in life where it feels like some things are ending while new, albeit unknown, opportunities lie ahead in the most ambiguous of ways; not quite a quarter life crisis as such, but more of a transition period where it just feels like something has to change in order for things to propel forward. 

This blog, the Blankbird identity, started as a means for me to explore my love for, or the thought of my love for, fashion and styling. There was a thrill in being able to piece together an outfit that was personal, that was an expression of me, myself and I. That was just over two years ago now. 

I can safely say that the past two years have been possibly the most productive and self-initiated period I have experienced thus far. And as you'd have it, things change - rather, they evolve, and while I do still gasp in awe and admiration of beautifully crafted pieces of clothing and editorial images, I have come to the realisation that I no longer have a need to share only 'personal style' posts with the online world. 

It has also dawned on me that I have indeed been shaped by my environment (all that nature and nurture thing is true, guys), quite literally meaning Melbourne, and also the inspiringly innovative and creative minds I have the pleasure of meeting and working with. Simply put, this means that I now get ridiculously excited discovering new places and meeting new people who have the guts to get out there to do incredible things that they love, and do it well - be it fashion, design, food etc. The more, the merrier, really.

And so, I'm working on something new and look forward to it all coming to life very, very soon. But for now, I'll leave you with that. Stay close on Instagram. We'll be back! 

x

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a message! x